Looks like it has been a lottery year for the super-rich, with record wealth, more billionaires are added to the list and the entry-level has risen to £120m, but many of the rich are experiencing big losses after a year full of turbulence on the stock market and political deadlock.
Here are the ten richest people around the globe, according to Forbes.
1. Jeff Bezos, $131bn – CEO: Amazon
2. Bill Gates, $96.5bn – Chairman: Microsoft
3. Warren Buffet, $82.5bn – CEO: Berkshire Hathaway
4. Bernard Arnault, $76bn – Owner: Louis Vuitton + 60 Other Luxury Brands
5. Carlos Slim Helu, $64bn – CEO: America Movil
6. Amancio Ortega, $62.7bn – Chairman: Inditex
7. Larry Ellison, $58bn – Chairman: Oracle
8. Mark Zuckerberg, $62.3bn – CEO: Facebook
9. Michael Bloomberg, $55.5bn – CEO Bloomberg
10. Larry Page, $50.8bn – Chairman: Alphabet (Google)