In 2001 Swiss corporation New7Wonders Foundation decided to choose the New 7 Wonders of the World from a collection of 200 monuments developed in the world through online votes so that the public can decide what are the 7 wonders of the world. The Great Pyramid of Giza, the only remaining of the Seven Ancient Wonders, was not one of the winners announced in 2007 but was added as an honorary candidate. Since then every year this list is updated. So let us check out what are the & wonders of the world in 2019.
7. The Great Wall of China – Since 7 Century BC – Country: China
6. Petra – Since 100 BC – Country: Jordon
5. Christ the Redeemer – Since 1931 AD – Country: Brazil
4. Machu Picchu – Since 1450 AD – Country: Peru
3. Chichen Itza – Since 400 AD – Country: Mexico
2. Colosseum – Since 80 AD – Country: Italy
1. Taj Mahal – Since 1648 AD – Country: India
These are the most voted Monuments throughout the world. It is good to see in the world of democracy people are able to decide what they prefer.